Booking terms and conditions
We look forward to welcoming you to Chishillway Shepherds Huts. This booking form is a contract between the party (guest) who is requesting the booking and Chishillway Shepherds Huts. We ask that you read to confirm that you agree to our terms and conditions. This contract becomes effective on payment of the issued invoice from the guest.
Bookings / Payments
- Full payment must be received when the booking is made. Bookings will be confirmed and the contract becomes effective when the full payment is received with a completed booking form.
- Once the booking is confirmed, the guest becomes liable for the total cost of the holiday as stated on the invoice at the time of booking. We do not provide cancellation insurance and we strongly recommend that the guest takes out holiday cancellation insurance.
Cancellations / refunds
- If the guest cancels the booking up to 10 weeks of the date of the commencement of the stay, Chishillway Shepherds Huts will refund any monies paid less a £35 administration charge.
- If Chishillway Shepherds Huts are notified of a cancellation between 10 weeks and 6 weeks prior to your stay, we will refund 50% of the invoiced cost of your booking minus a £35 handling fee if the shepherds hut is or is not re-let.
- If the guest cancels a booking within 6 weeks of the date of the commencement of the stay, no refund will be given whether the hut is or is not re-let.
- Should we for any reason need to cancel your booking, we will endeavour to find you another property in the area and offer this to you, but should this not be possible or this alternative property not be acceptable to you, then we will refund in full all monies that have been paid.
- In the event of severe weather, Chishillway Shepherds Huts reserves the right to cancel the booking with a total refund or to re-schedule the booking at a time suitable to both parties.
- The booking is taken on a provisional basis until the invoice has been paid and cleared through the banking system. The booking then becomes confirmed. Until the booking is confirmed, it can be cancelled at any time with prior notice.
Arrival and Departure arrangements:
- Arrival times are between 3.30pm and 6pm.. Alternative arrival times may be possible subject to arrangement with Chishillway Shepherds Huts. Please call at Fell Lane Farm on arrival and we will escort you to the parking area where we will transfer your luggage to our buggy for transportation to the hut. The hut is a 400 metre walk from the car parking area. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PARK YOUR CAR ANY CLOSER TO THE HUT THEREFORE PLEASE WEAR SUITABLE FOOTWEAR TO WALK ACROSS A GRASS FIELD THAT IS LIKELY TO BE OCCUPIED BY SHEEP! We are sorry but unfortunately this hut and access to it is not suitable for wheelchair users. A torch will be provided when necessary.
- On the day of your departure, we ask that you are ready to vacate the hut by 11am. We will arrange to come and collect your luggage and transport it back to your car.
- We would respectively ask that you leave the hut in the clean and tidy condition that you found it in.
- Please lock the hut when you are not in the area. Chishillway Shepherds Huts does not accept any responsibility for loss or damage to guests personal belongings. Please inform us of any breakages.
- We have a No pet policy as we are a working farm and the hut is located within a field containing livestock.
- We have a No smoking Policy in the hut. There will be an additional charge of £150 should it be apparent that smoking has taken place inside the hut. This is to cover the cost of a deep clean of soft furnishings. If you smoke outside the hut, please dispose of cigarette ends responsibly.
- Chishillway Shepherds Huts is situated on a working farm and will not be responsible to the guest at all, whether in contract, (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, restitution or otherwise for any injury, death, damage or direct, indirect or consequential loss (all three of which terms include without limitation pure monetary loss, loss of profits, loss of business or revenue, depletion of goodwill, lost expectation, loss of savings, lost data and similar loss) however caused arising from or in connection with the use of the facilities at Chishillway Shepherds Huts.
- Please do not light fires other than in the Fire pit.
- Nothing should be placed on or near the stove inside the hut as this gets very hot.
- No additional guests are allowed to camp on the site.
- Chishillway Shepherds Huts will endeavour to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. Should you have any complaints, please contact us immediately so that we can try to rectify the problem. We appreciate your feedback as we are always striving to improve the experiences of our guests.